Monday, October 30, 2017

Subho, Werewolf Birdwatcher

  Boo. Here's a link to my first published story, Subho, Werewolf Birdwatcher, about a birder in Korea who wakes up to discover images of rare birds on his memory card that he has no recollection of taking. OooooOOOOOoooooh! During the submission process, one editor got back and told me she absolutely hated the ending, whereas another thought it was killer (the truth hopefully sits near the centre of that lovely Venn diagram). That's publishing, eh.
  The spooky birding tales I've been cranking out are admittedly silly, in the style of (but no way near the quality of) the throwaway one-offs of the original Twilight Zone series. The world needs silly supernatural stories about birding, I would argue. Maybe I'll even get some more published, as I very slowly learn how to not suck.

  (Looking back, this story is still at least one major revision away from being readable.)

http://www.twilighttimes.com/oct17/m_Poll36.html

(To read my other published birding tales, click on this handy clickety-click and scroll down:
http://snowyowllost.blogspot.ca/search/label/Writing%20stuff-published%20stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment