Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Red-tailed Hawk over NDG

Red-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensis
  I spotted this guy circling low and hard over NDG, a typically tree-rich area of Montreal. I got a snapshot of it with a small digital camera, but it was low enough that you can make it out. The squirrels I saw further on down the street looked worried, and rightly so. Reminded me a lot of the Buteo buzzards I ran into in Korea, only squatter.
  Dan and I are headed out for a bird wander on Thursday, at some spots to be determined. We'll probably just make it up as we go.
  I keep daydreaming about spending a couple of months of solid birding on Korea's Yellow Sea islands in April-May. Just go there unemployed and bird from dawn til dusk every day. Hmmmm.
  Sounds like the start of a solid Plan B, because lord knows my Plan A is not looking too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment